Friday, February 3, 2012

Cake in the Work Room

I don't know about you but cake in the workroom used to be the sweetest words I have ever heard. I loved those days when it was someones birthday or just cause they wanted to bring it. Those days used to be my favorite days at work!! 

Last week the home ec teacher made cookies in class and sent out an email and even brought the cookies by my room and I refused them.

Then yesterday was my principals birthday. I was told by 3 emails there was cake in the workroom and two teachers at different times offered to go get me some and I just politely said I was ok. I FELT SUCH VICTORY!!

Then a friend bought the 2 serving size of peanut m&ms and offered half of it to me and I turned it down because I knew that it was my running night last night and I did not want to be coming down from a sugar high during my run.

My run was great yesterday. I completed the first week of couch to 5k! It was fantastic. I kept a great pace. I even ran fast during several of my running intervals. I completed 2 miles in 30 mins. Last Monday, it took me 33 mins. So I shaved my time by 3 min. I felt like that was good because it included my warm up and cool down. My goal for Saturdays run which is week 2, complete 2 miles in 28 min!! YAY!!

3 comments:

  1. Great job! I am thinking about starting the couch to 5k pretty soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOWOO!!! good for resisting cake. We have that same trouble - goodies in the kitchen. Friday the influx of King Cakes started (marti gras thing). I convinced the recipiant to take it home and NOT open it for the office to consume. They can thank me later!! hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that I just found your blog! I am a nurse that works 12 hour shifts and it seems like we always have cakes/cookies/etc. in the breakroom from people. And it takes all the willpower in the world not to eat them 7 hours into the shift. Ha. I'm also thinking about starting the couch to 5k program or the Juillian Michael's 30 Day Shred soon, eek. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete