Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Women, Food and God

http://www.amazon.com/Women-Food-God-Unexpected-Everything/dp/1416543074

SO I am reading this book. I have read it before last August and I liked a lot of what it had to say about mindless eating and how we eat to forget about the place we are in or the feelings we are feeling. I really can relate to eating just to eat. Boredom, frustration and hurt can all trigger eating. I really feel like I can label myself as a compulsive eater.  I am not a binge eater but I eat compulsively usually mindlessly. 

Although I do not share this woman's exact views on God. I do agree with her statements about how we all long for a relationship with God and that is where we try to fill the gap with other things; love, sex, food, money, etc.

I am enjoying this book and it is really making me re-evaluate the way that I eat. I know I have been working on what I eat now is the time to focus on how I eat what I eat.

So I am keeping a hand written journal. I have been tracking all my food on my phone app but now I will write down my feelings about what I ate and how it affected my body.

4 comments:

  1. I just wanted to stop by and say that I love the profile pic of you with the little dog. Is he your puppy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that is our first born, he is now about 5 years old and we just adopted a 90 lb Brittney lab mix. It was very fun to have them in our lives.

      Delete
  2. I know a lot of people who loved that book. I think learning the emotions behind our choices is key. It's also one of the hardest things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you reviewed this book. I own it, but have yet to read it. I'm an emotional eater for sure. I think most people with weight issues are. Great job on tracking. I'm doing the food journal too, it helps me a lot!

    ReplyDelete